Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On the Road Again -- but not until Sunday

The Fresno-to-Ambridge move isn't complete yet, but it's close.

I've been hanging out with my family in Ohio for about a week (which has been nice), and the Ambridge domicile will be ready for move-in on Monday. I'm looking forward to being able to see out the back window of my Honda Civic again. It's been crammed with my junk for weeks now.

Meanwhile, I'll share a few things I've learned during my visit here to Appalachian Ohio (a.k.a. the place where I was raised):

1. Did you know that a Burmese python can crush the air out of a grown man's lungs in 11 seconds? I learned this during an educational snake talk at the Athens County Fair. Naturally, the guy telling us this was petting his Burmese python as he said it.

2. Did you know that worms eat corn? ("Corn worms" as it were). I was introduced to them when I began to clean some non-sprayed, garden corn the other day. There were big worms. There were small, white worms. There were black bugs. Ew. My dad intervened, casually shook the critters off, then cut the bad parts of the corn away. Seriously, it was gross. I kind of wish I had a picture of them to post.

3. Did you know how entertaining it is to watch cars smash into one another? I attended a demolition derby at the Athens County Fair. I enjoyed it so much that I attended another one at the Meigs County Fair the next week. I'm not sure exactly what to make of this development.

Anyway. As admittedly fascinating as all this is, I'm kind of ready to study Greek now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh,heh...cars smashing other cars...
heh, heh... cool.

I hope the ride to Ambridge is going smoothly.

--- M Tizzle