Monday, October 1, 2007

A Crunch (ain't talking about the sound fall leaves make)

This week presents the first of many time crunches for the folks in our class, so I'm keeping this blog entry short. I've seen two friends in the library today looking mildly freaked out and muttering about impending deadlines for this or that.

I know what they're saying. My brain is kind of swimming in a stew of second aorist Greek verbs, semantic meanings of "people" from a chapter in Acts, and Christological heresies.

On a slightly less academic note, I'm making progress toward learning the chords on ukulele to play "Where is my Hairbrush?" from VeggieTales. My professor Rod Whitacre, who is to blame for introducing me to the uke, would call this going to my "Happy Place."

3 Prayers:

* For energy and focus for us in our studies
* For my friend Keith, who lost his dad to cancer Sunday
* For financial provision for one of my classmates, who's in a real bind

3 Thanksgivings:

* For being blessed with a housemate who loves baking cookies
* For being blessed with a housemate who loves playing the violin
* For my Happy Place

No comments: